Our company’s aim is to make your move as easy and hassle free as possible. And we are able to give our customers this because of our dedication and continued quality check for our services provided, the technical skills we have, and most of all, being updated with the latest technology in this industry. To have an overview of how we work, these are the processes that you, as a valued customer, will undergo:
While the other moving services will only provide contact through e-mail or a messaging or chat service, our services will provide the chance for our customers to talk a one of our moving coordinators. They will guide you through the moving process and will be available for any questions regarding it. They will be your aid in ensuring that the move will be hassle and stress free.
One of the concerns about moving is the kind of equipment being used. Rest assured, our company has the latest and the most advanced equipment that is needed in safe transport of your beloved items. Not only that, everyone in the staff is technically competent and has trained in proper usage of the aforementioned technology. All of our staff has at least three years of working experience and all of them have been properly trained to our standards.
It is hard enough that when you are moving, you get to talk to a lot of people and try to navigate on who is who. With our company, you will only deal with one person, who is the main coordinator of your whole moving out process. The coordinator will be the one to help you with an inventory checklist, help you decide on the packing options available, and prepare an outline for the whole moving process to ensure that you are both on the same page and not a single thing is forgotten. The coordinator will be available via phone and e-mail to be able to get quick and fast responses when needed.
When it is time to move, the staff will arrive as advised to your home, lead by a foreman who will be the one to let you in on the action plan. The foreman will also be the one to ask and address any questions regarding the move. Provided with the equipment they will start to move your belongings without wasting any time and they will also position your things/furniture in your new home as directed. We are also suggesting that you be available during the move so that if there are any questions regarding the process you will be able to be contacted right away and provide an answer that will not delay the time schedule that we have worked out together.
Even though the move has been successful and everything has been ticked off the list, our company is still always available for you if you need to ask questions, suggestions, or anything that you deem that we could help you with. We also have a questionnaire and survey form that we would really appreciate if you take the time to answer. We are always welcoming your feedback and we know that any recommendation is for the betterment and improvement of our services.
These are the following things that we suggest to be included in your checklist.
- Contact the company to be able to know the availability of our staff on your intended date. Summer time is a busy time and if you would like to move during this time, please call more than a month in advance.
- Contact the post office to have mails forwarded and a notification of a change of address.
- Be able to notify the healthcare professionals that are involved in your care so they can provide other resources if they know anyone in the area that you are moving to.
- Purchase moving supplies such as boxes or bubble wraps, packing tape, etc.
- Check if you have items that can be donated.
- If you live in a building, inform the building manager about your moving day to secure an elevator and reservation of the loading dock for the truck. This is both for the previous home and the future home,
- Start packing early on. It would be wise to label the boxes according to which rooms they will be going to for efficiency.
- Send a notification to the DMV
- Send a notification to the utility companies such as your phone lines, your mobile phones, electricity, gas, cable TV subscription, internet service provider, water, home securities, etc.
- Start disassembling larger items like swing sets, pool tables, among many others.
- Arrange parking permits. When possible, the company can assist with this.
- If there are pets or toddlers, a babysitter might be needed. For the pets, there are boarding services available.
- You should be able to allocate ample time to prepare for the move and to be available on the moving day itself
- It is best to confirm the date and time with the moving company. With us, the coordinator will contact you approximately 2 to 3 days before the date of move to review everything.
- If there is a need to contact you while en route, make sure that a new contact number has been provided to us in case of a change in phone numbers.
- Let your family and friends know about your new address.
- If you have any print subscriptions, let them know about your change in address.
- If you have drawers or cabinets to move make sure these are empty and in the case of loose parts, remove them entirely or notify the packing staff.
- Separate the boxes that are fragile into one area of the house and inform the movers about it,
- Also mark off furniture that are fragile and ensure that the movers are informed about this as well.
- Separate the items that are not to be moved and again, inform the movers about this.
- Items that are of importance such as passports, cash, keys of the car or house, checkbook, credit or debit cards, and prescription medications should travel with the clients and not the movers.
- Ensure that mobile phones have full batteries and that the phones on the new home are all working properly.
- Refrigerators or freezers such be defrosted, dried, and washed.
- If moving machines, such as lawn mowers and motorcycles, ensure that they have been emptied of gas or oil.
- Propane tanks should be disconnected from grills. These items are non-transferable on our trucks but we will assist in loading it into your own vehicle if necessary.